Supervision and Professional Support
I am a qualified and experienced supervisor based in the Littlehampton area of West Sussex. I have experience of working as a counsellor/psychotherapist and supervisor offering supervision within counselling services, mental health charities and training organisations and with individuals and groups. Do have a look at my About Me page for more details.
I offer clinical supervision to qualified and trainee counsellors and psychotherapists individually and in groups, and I also offer supervision and professional support to other health and social care professionals. In addition to face to face supervision sessions I also provide sessions by telephone and skype.
Supervision at Therapy in Littlehampton
I believe that the relationship with the supervisor is very important and central to being an effective therapist. These are the key points of my philosophy:
- My primary purpose is to provide a safe and containing space to help you reflect on, and discuss your work.
- I am interested in you and your professional growth and how it is possible to integrate the personal and the professional.
- I have a warm and approachable style but will also challenge you and be direct if I think that would be helpful.
- As I have an analytic/psychodynamic background I will look at the transference, countertransference and parallel processes between you and your client and the influences of past and present and repeating patterns.
- Within a psychodynamic framework I also endeavour to be flexible and creative and work in an integrative way taking account of the many different approaches to mental wellbeing.
- From years of workplace/organisational experience I am very aware of the many competing pulls on an individual which may be from private or organisational practice, and/or a line management/managerial perspective. I work with you to understand and negotiate these tensions.
- My aim is to support you and your professional work and help you develop.
It can feel daunting finding someone with whom you can discuss your work without feeling judged. If you are looking for a supervisor I would be very happy to have a chat with you about what you might need. Full details of where I work and my fees etc can be found on my Contact Me page. I do offer reduced rates for trainees and those on a lower income — please ask me.
Do give me a call on 01903-722838 or 0771-282-9189 or e-mail me.